• The choice of materials is determined by the required SAE Grade and the size of the material and its harden ability. We produce U-Bolts in SAE Grades 2, 3, 4 and 8.
• Grade 2 U-Bolts are produced from cold drawn or hot rolled low carbon steels.
• Grade 3-U Bolts are produced from cold drawn medium carbon steels.
• Grade 5 U-Bolts are produced from a carbon manganese alloy steel. All grades 5 and 8 U-Bolts are heat treated.
• To produce our SEA grade 5 and 8 U-Bolts we heat treat them to produce the mechanical properties specified under the SAE grading.